Data Future Lab this month: Startup honors + tips for office returns
On the Future Fountain: A bright new workplace
There’s a new new normal in the offing. As the workforce prepares for a grand migration back to the office, how do we build a better workplace than the one we left behind? In the latest episode of The Future Fountain, our NYU Tandon Future Labs podcast with Orrick, Dr Anne-Laure Fayard of NYU Tandon offers the science of (and practical tips for) transitioning into an innovative, collaborative workplace. TUNE IN
- Wunderkind, alum of Next Round, announces a partnership with the Flatiron School for their John Stanley Ford Fellowship to increase racial equity in tech.
- Nami Baral, founder of Next Round grad Harvest (acquired by Acorns recently) lands on the Forbes Next 1000.
- Global impact. Next Round’s Numina has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer for 2021, one of pioneering early to growth-stage companies worldwide.
- Avanan (Next Round graduate) cleans up at the IT World Awards, including winning Best IT Company of the Year, Security Cloud/SaaS.
- Broadcast this. Next Round alum Stringr wins Best Video Platform at the Digiday Awards, highlighting how their “robust database of videographers helps with the efficiency of producing broadcast news.”
- Adriana Vazquez, founder of Catalyst NYC co. Lilu, is now a Tory Burch Fellow for 2021 at the Tory Burch Foundation.
- Catalyst NYC’s Steg AI cofounder Eric Wengrowski talks to Do It Yourself Home Automation about the deep learning revolution, computer vision, concealing information, and authenticating content.
- Next Round alum Clarifai is partnering with the US Army to evaluate training data in support of the development of night vision and electronic sensor applications.
- Heading back to the office? Next Round grad Honey has tips on how to make asynchronous culture fit your co.’s needs: “Introducing asynchronous communication is a natural next step in building out the future of remote work.” READ MORE
- Is your next gig in the DFL network? Because Boomy is looking for a software engineer and customer success manager, CARMERA is hiring for an Android engineer, and Paperspace has an opening for a head of growth. Other openings on our jobs board.
Transform 2021 | July 12–16
From: VentureBeat. For: Those looking to maintain a competitive edge in an AI-driven world. Join for online summits spotlighting AI/ML applications across financial services, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and security.
Business of Data Festival | July 20–22
Interviews featuring perspectives from data and analytics leaders around the world.
To stay up to date on NYU Data Future Lab news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.