Data Future Lab this month: An acquisition, an open application
Catalyst NYC: Our 0-equity accelerator is back!
Pre-seed to seed startups, you can apply to join our 6-month, 0-equity accelerator program for:
- Access to top-notch NYU resources — for-credit interns, faculty hours, data sets, and the like
- Virtual/hybrid programming
- Free desk space at the Data Future Lab for up to two founders
- In-kind benefits up to $350K, including pitch coaching, AWS credits, legal support, and more
- Eligibility to apply for tax-free status under START-UP NY
- Priority consideration for our Next Round incubator program
Building in NYC? Apply now.
On the Future Fountain podcast: Impactful mentorships
How can both mentor and mentee make the most of a mentorship? In the latest episode of The Future Fountain, our NYU Tandon Future Labs podcast with Orrick, Westbrook Media’s Jabari Hearn discusses cultivating powerful mentor-mentee relationships, how he founded Monday Night Mentorship, and why mentorship needs to be part of strong DEI initiatives. TUNE IN
- Next Round’s road intelligence startup CARMERA is being acquired by Woven Planet Group, Toyota’s advanced mobility subsidiary, and will become part of Woven Planet’s Automated Mapping Platform team. Here’s cofounder/CEO Ro Gupta on Cheddar.
- A win for privacy-first data. Next Round’s Numina has won the grand prize in the Toyota Mobility Foundation’s City Architecture for Tomorrow Challenge. Numina analyzed city infrastructure in Kuala Lumpur by deploying their sensors in traffic hotspots.
- “Entrepreneurs should not be looking for funding; they should be looking to create valuable products and services, and then the funding takes care of itself.” Ryan Urban, CEO/founder of Next Round alum Wunderkind (fka BounceX), shares tips with Entrepreneur. He should know — Wunderkind hit $100M in ARR early last year and has raised more than a reported $75M to date.
- Tara Zedayko, CEO of Catalyst NYC’s DIG Labs, is recognized on Nasdaq’s World Reimagined Series for bringing lab-quality pet insights with contactless, on-demand tech.
- Milestones flying by. Next Round alum CB Insights is on track to reach $100M in ARR next year, and their newsletter is closing in on 1M subscribers. Is an IPO next?
- Koffie Labs (ex Catalyst NYC, now Next Round) is teaming up with Sutton National Insurance Company and Boost Insurance, making good on its mission to deliver seamless end-to-end insurance to truckers.
- Now on Mashable: How Catalyst NYC’s Lilu’s massage bra is helping moms pump more milk, more easily.
- Solving the NFT challenge of double minting! Catalyst NYC content authenticity startup Steg AI speaks to Geek Culture on leveraging computer vision to bring steganography into the now.
- Looking for a new gig in the new normal? Catalyst NYC grads are hiring: Otis has an opening for a react native mobile developer, Edquity is looking for a director of marketing, and SkopeAI is looking for an Operations & Business Analyst. Other openings on our jobs board.
To stay up to date on NYU Data Future Lab news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.