Data Future Lab this month: A $38.5M raise and the fastest-growing companies 🚀
Next Round, this week. Don’t miss it
The deadline looms for this year’s applications to our incubator program for seed to Series A startups. Some of the support on offer:
- Access to NYU resources
- Affordable desk space in Downtown Brooklyn
- Gold-standard partner benefits, including legal hours, cloud credits, and more
- Eligibility to apply for tax-free status under START-UP NY
- A community of startups including Pryon (on CB Insights’ AI 100), Koffie Labs (raised 4.5M led by Anthemis & Lerer Hippeau), Numina (analyzed 1.3M trips as part of the Brooklyn Greenway study last year), and an alumni network including startups such as CB Insights, Spruce, and Wunderkind.
If you’re growing an early-stage startup in NYC, apply by Sunday, May 9.
Cybersecurity demo day
Earlier this year, we partnered with SOSA and the Government of Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service on the Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) On Cybersecurity, Privacy & Compliance. On May 19, meet the seven standout startups who immersed themselves (virtually) in New York’s ecosystem. Register here.
Opportunities at other Future Labs
- For veteran-led startups: The Veterans Future Lab is accepting applications for Apex, its no-cost, equity-free incubator for pre-seed ventures led by veterans and military spouses. Apply now or share with a founder who fits.
- For cleantech startups or community-based orgs: Apply to Urban Future Lab’s Urban Prize Competition for a chance to win a combined $160K worth of prizes.
- Next Round alum and biotech company Cresilon closes a $38.5M Series A-3, which will boost the rollout of their hemostatic product for the animal health market.
- The Financial Times lists Next Round grads Avanan and KISI among the fastest-growing companies in the Americas for 2021.
- Real estate fintech LEX, Catalyst NYC alum, is a New York City company to watch in 2021, says Built In NYC.
- CIO Views Magazine’s 2021 edition of the Most Successful Businesswomen to Watch spotlights Ishveen Anand, CEO of OpenSponsorship (Next Round alum).
- The massage bra for breastfeeding from Catalyst NYC’s Lilu is on Forbes’ list of best gifts for new moms this Mother’s Day.
- Next Round’s ClearOPS cofounders Caroline McCaffery and George Rosamond talk privacy and security on a recent episode of the Data Privacy Podcast.
- Companies in the DFL network are definitely hiring: Pryon is looking for an AI/ML research scientist, Vengo Labs has an opening for a full stack software engineer, and echoAR wants a head of developers relations. More openings on our jobs board.
Hear from security experts from around the globe, including Next Round grad Avanan on the future of cloud security.
At the regular event, BBV’s Charlie O’Donnell offers feedback and advice to founders looking for the investor perspective.
WSJ’s The Future Of Everything | May 11–13
Revolutionary minds — think Ray Dalio, Tope Awotona (founder, Calendly), Whitney Wolfe Herd (founder, Bumble) — explore ideas forming what comes next.
Top Tips for a Successful Pitch | May 13
Insights from partners and VCs from Eniac Ventures, Halogen Ventures, FC Ventures, Antler, Candou Ventures, and Mighty Capital.
To stay up to date on NYU Data Future Lab news, sign up for our monthly newsletter.